Healthcare Sanctions Reports
Would you hire an individual or entity that has been SANCTIONED or CRIMINALLY CONVICTED for healthcare abuses or serious crimes?
Does your institution conduct prudent and reasonable background checks for the SANCTION HISTORY of its agents, contractors, current/prospective employees and vendors?
How Confident Are You?
- That every provider you employ has not been excluded or debarred by OIG/GSA and state exclusion lists
- That each provider is properly licensed
- That there are no outstanding sanctions or disciplinary actions
- That you’re maintaining the required certificates (ACLS, BLS, CPR)
- Your files are ready for a Joint Commission audit
Providers can be placed on the OIG sanctions list for the following violations:
- Sexual assault
- Patient abuse
- Fraudulent billing
- Criminal convictions related to Medicare or Medicaid
- Failure to repay a Federal Student Loans
- Health Education Assistance Loan (HEAL)
- Convictions involving controlled substances
ScreenThem® assists healthcare institutions & companies
to identify sanctioned individuals and entities with our Medical Solutions
searches and monthly monitoring program.
- We provide sanction histories from all 50 state licensing
boards and all federal agency sources.
- Provide Monitoring of Professional Licenses to make sure
they are active and in good standing
- Check Credentialed Practitioner’s for: Good standing and registered to handle
It is important for healthcare organizations to screen all
employees for exclusions, including providers, contractors, and vendors,
referring physicians and even corporate directors and officers. Regulators can
impose fines for employing any excluded employee who is a “contributor of
The penalties are harsh. For facilities participating in
Medicare/Medicaid, there’s a fine of up to $10,000 for each item or service
billed by that provider, plus up to three times the amount the organization was
reimbursed by Medicare. The facility may also face charges under the Federal
False Claim Act. And PPACA Clause 6502 states that the facility may lose its
CMS reimbursement privileges entirely.
A FACIS® (Fraud and Abuse Control Information System) search
identifies any wrong actions of individuals and entities in the health care
field. This includes information on
disciplinary actions ranging from exclusions and debarments to letters of
reprimand and probation. Our FACIS® search offers three options, ranging from
the minimum federal requirements to a search inclusive of more than 800 sources
in 50 states.
Choose the level that best fits the needs of your
- LEVEL 1: We search the Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
and General Services Administration (GSA) and other federal sources. This
search meets the government’s minimum requirements as outlined in the OIG’s
Compliance Program Guidance.
- LEVEL 2: We search OIG/GSA and other federal sources, in
addition to sources from an individual state of your choice. This search meets
the minimum federal requirements and provides limited state-licensure
- LEVEL 3: We search OIG/GSA and other federal sources, in
addition to over 800 sources from all 50 states. While this search exceeds
minimum federal requirements, it offers full coverage for a high-level risk
Our service is cost-effective, time-saving and meets all standards for DUE DILIGENCE.
CONTACT US today regarding our pricing and solutions for healthcare sanctions reports and monitoring.